Thursday, April 19, 2012

I'm still plugging away on the massive Thistle Shawl. The colorwork makes it thick and heavy though and it's already getting too warm to motivate me to work on it. I knew starting another project would be an irresponsible choice, but I did it anyway. And now it's been weeks since I've worked on it. Bad knitter.

So now I'm working on Elvira (ravelry link) for Lillian. I'm knitting it in Knit Picks Comfy (fingering weight) and it's coming along nicely.



The yarn is wonderful to work with, it's the same yarn I used to make her pink on pink tunic last year. (The 'machine' knit one.) It's knit from the top down and I've joined under the arms so I'm in the home stretch now. Every time I pass my little gnomie stitch marker it makes me happy. And I think I might have enough yarn to make a second one of these for one of my nieces.

Hi Mr. Gnome!

After this I need to knit up a shop sample of the Adamas Shawl (The Battlestar Galactica tie-in does make me geek out a little, being nicknamed 'Starbuck' and all) and try to get started on outlining an intermediate lace class. I'm getting ready to teach beginning lace for the second time, so I might pick the brains of those in the class to see what other info they might want to learn in an intermediate class. (Correcting mistakes without ripping back perhaps? I already teach blocking, lifelines, and chart reading in the first class. Though I'll repeat that info again if need be.)

Summer's going to be here soon and I know my knitting will slow down. I'm looking forward to getting some reading done and spending more time outside. I am so ready for the warm weather to get here and stay.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! One more reason why I love you...the Battlestar geek in me has repeatedly looked at the Adamas shawl! Maybe a KAL?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A KAL might just be the motivation I need to actually finish the Adamas shawl. I've got a lot of UFO's right now. :) I hope to start the shawl sometime next week.

    ReplyDelete