Thursday, February 24, 2011

So worn out

I'm pooped. I've been so busy the last few weeks that it's crazy. I joined a gym (finally) and have been trying to work out 3 or 4 days a week. I started out focusing on my legs and now I'm working on my abs (or lack there of) and arms. They are both screaming at me right now.

It's cut into my knitting time, so there's not much to show on that front. I finished mom's birthday socks and I'm fixing another pair of socks for her now. I'm working on a vest which is almost done, and a lace stole for a class I've been asked to teach.

I've started feeling out the job market and it's dismal. I actually had an interview this morning, which went well, but I don't even think I want the job. It's a contracted position and would only be guaranteed through Fall of 2013. I'm starting to seriously consider a second degree. Nursing school looks pretty good right now, even though it's not the field I would have ever imagined myself considering.

I worry that the job market is never going to recover. The fact that the federal and local government seems to be so damn broken doesn't improve my outlook much. The Democrats are protesting the Right to Work bill by hanging out in Illinois. Great. How exactly does not showing up to their jobs fix anything? Oh wait, that's right, they have to put on a good show for the unions that fund their campaigns. And Republicans are enraging me by attempting to cut health care services for the working class. Rokita (I never did like the guy, I'm glad I quit working for the Secretary of State when he took over after Gilroy) voted to ban federal funding for Planned Parenthood. That makes me ragy. To cut funding for affordable health care and reproductive options when so many people don't even have jobs? How the hell does that make sense? If these 'Crisis Pregnancy Centers' can have federal funding, when they are really fronts for churches that give out free pee-sticks and then want to preach to me about how evil I am for having premarital sex while I wait to see how many lines show up (ask me about MY experiences with the one I went to) and how every pregnancy is a gift from god, why the hell can't Planned Parenthood have funding for ACTUAL MEDICAL SERVICES?

Broken, our governmental system is broken. Two parties does not a democracy make. I'm going to continue to vote for the Green Party and hope that this country comes to its damn senses.

No comments:

Post a Comment