Wednesday, June 27, 2012

So, I finished the Adamas Shawl.

Apparently my dog thinks shawl-modeling is a cruel and unusual form of punishment.

I'm still plugging away on the colorwork Thistle shawl, but have run into a snag. The longest circular needle I own, a 42", isn't long enough. So I'm waiting on the 60" I ordered to arrive in the mail so I can try to finish it before the fair.

It's been miserably hot lately, so I've been doing more reading than knitting. (The Fifty Shades series is pretty good, fyi. As is Jenny Lawson's book, Let's Pretend This Never Happened. The latter had me laughing hysterically on several occasions.) We also went on a family vacation a few weeks ago and other than a few rounds on a sock, I didn't knit a thing. Here's hoping my knitting mojo returns before fair entries are due. Hopefully I'll have a parade of things to post about before the end of July.

1 comment: