Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summer's almost over...

July is almost over. Summer is almost over. For the first time in my memory I'm actually looking forward to the summer being over.

Maybe it's because of Chuck's death. Maybe it's because of the unbearable humidity and heat. Maybe it's because of my fruitless job search. (Jim's not had any luck either.) Maybe it's all those things.

I turned 30 on the 25th. No gray hair yet. But Lilly's working on that for me. My parents threw me a little surprise party which was nice. I'd always wanted a surprise party, but asking someone to throw you one kind of defeats the whole purpose.

Lilly starts first grade in a few weeks. She's excited about school, excited to see who will be in her class this year. I hope she gets a great teacher, I really think her class was too big last year and she didn't get as much one-on-one time with the teacher as I want her to have.

State Fair entries are due this weekend. I finished 6 projects and the lace shawl that's still on the needles will probably be an entry next year. I just don't see myself finishing the border in 2 days and getting it blocked. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment