Monday, September 13, 2010

Picture heavy post

So, at long last I'm making my State Fair post.

First, my awesome array of ribbons this year.

One first, one second, two thirds, and three fourths. Pretty good haul. :)


Next, the first place hat I made for Lilly.

The outside


And the inside. I'm pleased with how well the inside looks. My tension and carries look really good.


My third place mittens.

The tops


The backs and the linings


My fourth place sweater



My third place vest



My fourth place shawl



My fourth place cowl



My second place sweater (Lilly's)



Some of the judge's comments this year bugged me. The comments about the color of the lining of my mittens ("They could have matched better") bugged me in particular. Also on said mittens I was apparently docked points because they couldn't see my finishing. So if I hadn't put in a lining would I have placed higher? Even though putting in a lining is a really tricky, skillful thing to do?

I'm trying to not let it bug me. After all, everything I entered placed this year so that says a lot about my abilities as a knitter.

I recently finished a project for a friend of mine. He sent me a photo of a hat he wanted me to recreate. I used a pattern for the hat portion but I basically made up the beard as I went and then held several strands of yarn together and finger-chained the mustache.


I think it's pretty hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment